I should be showering and eventually get ready for bed as I need to wake up around 5 am tomorrow. But it’s more fun to sit in the living room listening to music (spotify for the win) and once in a while watch Lev and his brother play Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars online.
We need to move.
This town where we reside is slowly but surely going to hell, last night we had yet another huge fire, the third one in just a couple of months. I heard the sirens (I pay attention due to my dad being a fire man when I was a kid) and went on the balcony as I thought they sounded near, out there I see a huge cloud of smoke, call Lev out and we come to the conclusion that it’s a big fire and that it’s close our favorite grocery store in town.
Noosey as we are we took the car and headed out, as we got closer we realized how big the fire was, Lev saw the flames a few hundred meters away. We and half of the population in town just stood by and watched it all, a few people took pics and everyone I heard seemed to point out that they’re too many fires over here.
It was some big (and maybe unused) warehouse building that went down, the fire spread to the pet store and that one also got ruined (they managed to save the rodents and reptiles, the turtles and fishies were shit out of luck ) The fire department had to use all their forces to try and prevent it from spreading to the big grocery store next door. It took them all night and this morning the fire was put out.
Been reading the news all morning, they suspect it of being arson (just like the 3 other fires) and last night, during their work, the cops and fire men had to deal with frickin teenagers/kids that was running around lighting wood and bushes on fire as well as tearing down the barricades that had been put up. Unbelievable!
This town is… blah. I want to move, like now.
Let’s update! Woho… Haha.
* Lev got the job that he had two interviews for, we are now looking into moving closer to Malmö (not in Malmö, god forbid, we don’t like living in big cities) in order to save time when getting to and from our jobs.
* My folks are still on vacation, in France last time I checked.
* Sister is bossing me around now when folks are on vacation, she makes me drive all her old crap that she doesn’t want to our parents place. Ok, I’m exaggerating, it was one drawer only… Haha.
* I decided on no vacation so I’ve been working, it’s ok, even tho it’s friggin hot all the time.
* My car is still dead and I currently drive around in my moms car, it might end up as an issue when she starts working again and needs it back. But I’ll deal with that then.
* We’ve had extremely nice weather with sun and high temperature, it hasn’t been so hot over here since 1994 (according to the newspaper)
* Lev had a b-day, we went to Denmark to celebrate. I gave him a gift card for a tattoo (as he wanted) and for a book of his choice (most likely a computer/programming book)
* Little Lev had a b-day (same day as Lev), he got a carrot, cucumber, one chip (dorritos) and a piece of my chocolate chip cookie. it was a sweet day for him, at least food wise.
* Me and my sister has been visiting the grandparents, we got soda in glass bottles and cookies! Sweet. Last time I “paid them back” by getting one of those dog chew rings to keep their dog occupied for a while (that dog got some serious energy… haha)
Now my brain is over heating so laters…
5:39 am and I’ve been up 39 minutes. I need more sleep, feel the eye lids wanting to close all the time even tho I’ve already been up a while. Sleep. More. Please.
I gotta make it an early night tonight. No more watching a movie at 10 pm when you know you gotta get up around 5 am.
Yesterday the love of my life turned 28 years old, and his biggest fan, Little Lev turned 2.
It was a good day that we spent in a very very hot Copenhagen. It was probably towards 30 degrees Celsius and in Copenhagen it was basically wind still, which meant really friggin hot and everyone was sweating a lot. Add to that a lot of people on the trains, we had to stand up all the way there but was lucky enough to get some seats after a few stops on the way home at least. Never the less, we had a good day.
On our way home we stopped by the store and I ran in and got us some food, decided to go with potato salad and qourn/ribs. After dinner Lev baked one of those Devil Food cakes from a mix (I like to bake from scratch) that he had bought some week back when he visited Malmö for a job interview at Ubisoft.
As it was Little Lev’s b-day as well we spoiled him a bit extra, he got two carrots, cucumber, rodent treats in form of a stick, a piece of my cookie and a chip! Haha. All of that is food that he thinks should be a part of his regular diet, I disagree on the cookie and chips part.
After a really hot and humid day it just started thundering and pouring down. I think that it’s just above us cause it’s really loud and intense right now. Everyone in the neighborhood seems to be out on their balconies watching it. Fun!
The nails for this weekend.
* Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener from Sally Hansen
* Emerald Depths by Color Club
* Flamboyant by Color Club
* Quick Minute Finish from Mavala
Yesterday I hung out with my sister, we went shopping, visited our grandparents and then did a check up on our parents house (they’re on vacation).
Shopping was fun, I found a black tunic on sale and bought myself a pair of sandals. After that we headed to my grandma and grandpa, we had soda and cookies in the shadow and complained about the heat. Their weather station reported about 33 °C outside (91,4F) and we were all hot, I was hot, my sister was hot, my grandma was hot, grandpa was hot and the dog was hot as well.
Last stop was parents house where I took in the mail and watered all the plants. After that I went home and then spent the rest of the day doing literally nothing.
Hahaha, my dad just sent me the funniest text message I’ve received in the longest time. They’re on vacation with the RV now and he sends me updates through sms.
“In Amsterdam now, camping at a camping site consisting of 20 RV’s and 500 potheads in tents. The smoke from my bbq can not compete with the smoke from their pot. Jacke (their dog) has already been in a fight, fuck tough dutch (i assume he means dogs here). Dad, mom and Tyson”
Männiksohamn by John Ajvide Lindqvist